Is an Australasian Consumer Fraud Taskforce initiative by key Government agencies.
Identify theft is a significant problem in Australia and all of us can take more precautions to minimise the risks of becoming a victim.
You should keep your letterbox secure and have security software on all computers and smart devices.
Several pivotal websites to learn more about #FraudWeek are below:
ACCC - ScamWatch www.scamwatch.gov.au/
Australian Federal Police AFP www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/campaigns/national-identity-fraud-awareness-week.aspx
Courtesy of SCAMwatch the top 6 'protect yourself' tips to leave scammers out in the cold (see below):
1. Keep your personal details secure
2. Think twice about what you say and do in an online environment
3. Keep your mobile devices and computers secure
4. Choose your passwords carefully
5. Beware of any request for your details or money
6. Get a copy of your free credit report