HDMI Version 2.0 specification arrived September 4th 2013
Well the newest HDMI version 2.0 specification has been released with significant improvements being made from previous versions such as 1.4b.
The increased bandwidth is reported to be up to 18Gbps and support for the ever-evolving electronics market has been incorporated into the specification to enhance video and audio enjoyment for humans.
The following features are new in HDMI version 2.0 specification below:
- Resolutions up to 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4 times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution, for the ultimate video experience
- Up to 32 audio channels for a multi-dimensional immersive audio experience
- Up to 1536kHz audio sample frequency for the highest audio fidelity
- Simultaneous delivery of dual video streams to multiple users on the same screen
- Simultaneous delivery of multi-stream audio to multiple users (Up to 4)
- Support for the wide angle theatrical 21:9 video aspect ratio
- Dynamic synchronization of video and audio streams
- CEC extensions provide more expanded command and control of consumer electronics devices through a single control point
Note: The 4K@50/60 (2160p) video formats will require either Category 2 HDMI high-speed cables or the new HDMI version 2.0 specification cables and adaptors.
Finally, all HDMI versions are backwards compatible so you can keep using your existing HDMI cables and adaptors.