Online Internet Banking with Smartphones
Online banking customers can download and install the Australian Banks iPhone Apps and Android Apps from the Apple App Store. When downloading St.George Bank apps or updates for mobile devices, ensure that St.George Bank Limited is listed as the app publisher or seller.
Also we have listed additional recommended security measures the Australian Banks advise you should read (see below):
- Enable a password lock on your mobile device when it is not in use. A password protects your device so that nobody else can use it or view your information.
- Treat your mobile like you would a credit card; don't leave it lying around or lend to others
- Consider using anti-theft apps or services that may help you remotely wipe, lock and locate your phone if it’s lost or stolen
- Regularly check for operating system security updates
- Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when you're not using them to prevent unauthorised access
- Frequently delete text messages from your financial institution, especially before loaning out, discarding, or selling your mobile device
- Never disclose via text message or email any banking details (account numbers, passwords) or any combination of sensitive information like your driver’s licence number or birth date that could be used in ID theft. Be wary of downloading files if you don’t trust the sender
- If you lose your mobile device or change your mobile phone number call an Internet Banking specialist on 1300 555 203 or logon to Internet Banking and update your contact details
- Do not hack or modify your mobile device as this can leave your device open to infection from a virus or Trojan. We recommend you also install security software if available for your device
- Sign out after each Mobile Banking session.
Source: St.George Bank