Check out these simple steps to improve online security at home and at work:
- Security software - install, renew and set it to scan regularly.
- Software updates - Activate automatic software updates for your operating system and other applications
- Social networking - think before you post photos, financial or personal information about yourself, your friends or family online. And regularly adjust privacy settings.
- Buying online - take care when transacting online – research the supplier and use a safe payment method
- Email - carefully assess before clicking links and attachments, particularly from unknown senders
- Mobile - protecting your mobile from viruses, malware, and Internet fraud is just as important as protecting your home computer
- Discuss and report - talk within your family about staying safe online, including mobile phone usage. And report anything online that makes you uncomfortable or threatened. If you see something unusual on your statement or do not recognise some transactions, speak to your bank.
Learn more visit the official website below: